We are looking for a hungry and solution driven Warehouse manager who will support the Operations manager to ensure efficient running of the end-to-end operations, ensuring customers get an exceptional level of service.
You will be responsible for the smooth running of our packing operations and the overall management of our warehouse.
· Work with Packing supervisor and Operations manager to ensure that our picking and packing operation runs efficiently from start to finish
· Focus on packing productivity and implement improvements to drive efficiencies
· Ensure we have or recruit adequate staff to carry out our daily activities
· Monitor staff efficiencies and aim to reduce labour costs and increase staff productivity
Warehouse Maintenance and Facilities Management
· Ensure adequate optimisation of warehouse space
· Perform daily/weekly maintenance checks of warehouse assets
· Ensure cleanliness and tidiness of the warehouse
· Responsible for office supplies, utilities ensuring services provided are reviewed on regular basis and provide adequate service and value.
· Ensure inbound stock is accounted for, checked for quality, moved or stored in appropriate location, efficiently utilising space.
· Ensure weekly, wholesale and bespoke orders are fulfilled, working with Operations Manager/Buyer and third partydelivery companies
· Responsible for weekly packaging checks and ordering new packaging/office equipment
· Search for alternative packaging options which meet our price/sustainability targets
Risk Management / H&S
· Help implement external Fire and H&S Risk Assessments and create in-house policies to comply with SALSA standards
· Ensure on-going compliance with standards and policies
· Ensure appropriate insurance coverage is in place
Start date: ASAP
· Compensation –£20,000 - £23,000 p.a
· Duration of role – Full time
· Location – Our office/warehouse in Mitcham, South West London
· In addition there will be the opportunity to visit logisitics partners and other third party parterns as and when required. You will be compensated travel expenses for these.
This is a once in a lifetime, super exciting opportunity of working in a rapid growth, ethical company. We want to prove that sustainability can be affordable and we can grow fast and do-good at the same time. If you agree – drop us an email at [email protected] and let’s start the conversation. We look forward to hearing from you.
· A positive attitude, particularly to new tasks and problem solving.
· You are driven and have entrepreneurial spirit, not letting anything dampen your energy and will push through to achieve results.
· Self-motivated with great organisational skills.
· Creativity in your approach with the ability to find solutions to the challenges the unique business model presents
· You'll also be happy to work in a cross-functional team.
What you’ll get:
· An exciting opportunity to be part of a sustainable challenger brand, helping reduce food waste one wonky carrot at a time.
· Free fresh fruits in the office
· Discount on Oddbox fruit and veggies.
· Free tea and coffee
· Flexible working hours
“To fundamentally shift food standards, normalise wonky produce and limit food waste.”
“Tackling food waste by rescuing surplus and wonky - but just as delicious - produce straight from farms and delivering direct to consumers.”