We are looking for a hungry and solution driven Warehouse manager who will support the Operations manager to ensure efficient running of the end-to-end operations, ensuring customers get an exceptional level of service.
You will be responsible for the smooth running of our packing operations and the overall management of our warehouse.
· Work with Packing supervisor and Operations manager to ensure that our picking and packing operation runs efficiently from start to finish
· Focus on packing productivity and implement improvements to drive efficiencies
· Ensure we have or recruit adequate staff to carry out our daily activities
· Monitor staff efficiencies and aim to reduce labour costs and increase staff productivity
Warehouse Maintenance and Facilities Management
· Ensure adequate optimisation of warehouse space
· Perform daily/weekly maintenance checks of warehouse assets
· Ensure cleanliness and tidiness of the warehouse
· Responsible for office supplies, utilities ensuring services provided are reviewed on regular basis and provide adequate service and value.
· Ensure inbound stock is accounted for, checked for quality, moved or stored in appropriate location, efficiently utilising space.
· Ensure weekly, wholesale and bespoke orders are fulfilled, working with Operations Manager/Buyer and third partydelivery companies
· Responsible for weekly packaging checks and ordering new packaging/office equipment
· Search for alternative packaging options which meet our price/sustainability targets
Risk Management / H&S
· Help implement external Fire and H&S Risk Assessments and create in-house policies to comply with SALSA standards
· Ensure on-going compliance with standards and policies
· Ensure appropriate insurance coverage is in place
Start date: ASAP
· Compensation –£20,000 - £23,000 p.a
· Duration of role – Full time
· Location – Our office/warehouse in Mitcham, South West London
· In addition there will be the opportunity to visit logisitics partners and other third party parterns as and when required. You will be compensated travel expenses for these.
This is a once in a lifetime, super exciting opportunity of working in a rapid growth, ethical company. We want to prove that sustainability can be affordable and we can grow fast and do-good at the same time. If you agree – drop us an email at [email protected] and let’s start the conversation. We look forward to hearing from you.
· A positive attitude, particularly to new tasks and problem solving.
· You are driven and have entrepreneurial spirit, not letting anything dampen your energy and will push through to achieve results.
· Self-motivated with great organisational skills.
· Creativity in your approach with the ability to find solutions to the challenges the unique business model presents
· You'll also be happy to work in a cross-functional team.
What you’ll get:
· An exciting opportunity to be part of a sustainable challenger brand, helping reduce food waste one wonky carrot at a time.
· Free fresh fruits in the office
· Discount on Oddbox fruit and veggies.
· Free tea and coffee
· Flexible working hours
Oddbox are the provider of UK’s only impact focused misshapen and surplus fruits for offices. We don’t just provide fruits for businesses. We provide a corporate sustainability service where companies buy us because they want to do good and feel good by directly reducing food waste.We’ve sold 400,000 meals to date, saved over 500,000 kgs of fresh produce from going to waste. We grew our customer base 400% in 2018 and saw a massive 70% growth in customer numbers in January of 2019 alone.
“To become the number one company that embraces nature’s imperfections and turns saved produce into products for people who care”
“We connect producers and conscious consumers with the single goal of reducing waste”