The person in this role will work closely with our management team to create engaging content for Dorset Mental Health Forum's marketing and social media presence.
A varied and interesting role, you will develop content (written / photographic) and keep social media channels updated and relevant. Ideas led, you will seek out new marketing and social media opportunities to develop different ways of connecting with audiences, with a limited budget. You will work to the principles of recovery and coproduction, ensuring people who experience emotional distress and mental health issues are represented through all aspects of our digital presence and marketing.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Creating relevant and newsworthy written, graphic and photographic content that promotes audience interaction and encourages audience participation across all channels (e.g. printed materials, website, social).
• Helping devise content (writing and / or editing copy) and creating email marketing to members, beneficiaries and constituents.
• Content management and engagement with Dorset Mental Health Forum audience on social media channels (currently only Twitter, but could include Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram etc) and any other relevant platforms.
• Working as part of a team to develop social media / marketing campaigns – assisting the organisation with development of new campaigns and refreshing existing materials.
• Monitoring and reporting of social media activity.
• Answering questions (where appropriate / escalating to senior managers and / or experts in the field) and building relationships with followers / supporters / donors.
• Proposing new ideas and concepts for marketing and social media content to the Forum management team, contributing to strategy development.
• Working with team members and coproducing with a range of stakeholders, to coordinate PR campaigns (with social media strategy) to ensure maximum exposure.
• Contributing to the development of the new Dorset Mental Health Forum website, in terms of ideas / content / promotion.
• Producing a marketing calendar (to include a social media calendar) and putting together timelines for scheduled content to create consistent communications.
• Devising ideas for citizen journalism and online social activism, giving a voice to people who are seldom heard.
• Creating a Dorset Mental Health Forum blog – work with members of the team to coordinate / write copy for the blog and associated promotion.
• Working with teams to champion and support the development of digital skills in relation to social media both internally and externally to the organisation.
• Working with Forum management to provide guidance to staff on the use of digital and social media.
• Scope out opportunities in order to recommend to our management team dynamic digital solutions for the organisation, that could support lean working and effective communication (virtual meetings, online forums, digital focus sessions).
For further information and a full role profile, please visit our website http://www.dorsetmentalhealthforum.org.uk/
If you would like to apply for this position, please provide a curriculum vitae and letter of application detailing why you like to be considered for this internship position to: [email protected]
The Forum is a unique organisation that offers a broad spectrum of opportunities within the mental health and social justice field. This internship will provide the opportunity to build transferable skills that will be attractive to employers across health, social care, commercial and third sector organisations.
As this is an internship, no formal experience is required. We will provide you with insight into how a peer led mental health charity runs and where marketing fits within our organisation and work.