We are looking for a hungry and solution driven Ops and Warehouse assistant who will ensure efficient (cost and quality) running of the end-to-end operations from farms to customers, ensuring customers get an exceptional level of service.
Support our Operations manager to in ensuring our end-to-end operations are managed efficiently from farm to warehouse to customer with an eye for detail and a focus on efficiency.
· Ensure weekly, wholesale and bespoke orders are fulfilled, working with Operations Manager/Buyer and third party companies
· Plan logistics – routing, print labels and work with existing drivers/logistics companies to ensure deliveries are made
· Oversee packing, increasing efficiencies where possible
· Ensure we have or recruit adequate staff to carry out our daily activities
· Monitor staff efficiencies and aim to reduce labour costs and increase staff productivity
· Help implement external Fire and H&S Risk Assessments and create in-house policies
· Work with Packing supervisor and Operations manager to ensure that our picking and packing operation runs efficiently from start to finish
· Focus on packing productivity and implement improvements to drive efficiencies
· Ensure inbound stock is accounted for, checked for quality, moved or stored in appropriate location, efficiently utilising space.
· Ensure all crates, pallets, waste and surplus are correctly segregated, stored, sent to appropriate party/ disposed off accordingly
· Perform daily/weekly maintenance checks of warehouse, forklift, cold stores, fire alarms
· Responsible for weekly packaging checks and ordering new packaging/office equipment
· Search for alternative packaging options which meet our price/sustainability targets
Start date: ASAP
· Compensation – £20,000 p.a.
· Duration of role – Full time
· Location – Our office/warehouse in Mitcham, South West London
· In addition there will be the opportunity to visit logisitics partners and other third party parterns as and when required. You will be compensated travel expenses for these.
This is a once in a lifetime, super exciting opportunity of working in a rapid growth, ethical company. We want to prove that sustainability can be affordable and we can grow fast and do-good at the same time. If you agree – drop us an email at [email protected] and let’s start the conversation. We look forward to hearing from you.
· A positive attitude, particularly to new tasks and problem solving.
· You are driven and have entrepreneurial spirit, not letting anything dampen your energy and will push through to achieve results.
· Self-motivated with great organisational skills.
· Creativity in your approach with the ability to find solutions to the challenges the unique business model presents
· You'll also be happy to work in a cross-functional team.
What you’ll get:
· An exciting opportunity to be part of a sustainable challenger brand, helping reduce food waste one wonky carrot at a time.
· Free fresh fruits in the office
· Discount on Oddbox fruit and veggies.
· Free tea and coffee
· Flexible working hours
“To fundamentally shift food standards, normalise wonky produce and limit food waste.”
“Tackling food waste by rescuing surplus and wonky - but just as delicious - produce straight from farms and delivering direct to consumers.”