Design Studio / Project Assistant.
We are looking for a bright and motivated person to join our small, friendly design team to assist us in delivering campaigns that positively affect local communities.
Reporting to and working closely with the Studio Manager, you’ll be integral to the efficient running of the studio. You’ll help to keep the team of designers and projects on track and within budget by assisting with the planning, resourcing and trafficking of projects, as well as general and ad-hoc office administration duties.
This role is a great position for either a graduate, or someone with a year or two's experience in a similar role, with good communication skills and a keen interest in design and project management.
Our ideal person needs:
· Excellent organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
· The ability to prioritise and handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining budgets and meeting deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· A positive, methodical, calm and “can do” attitude.
· Good numeracy and IT skills, including Microsoft Office.
· An interest in creative design, marketing and project/studio management.
· To be confident dealing with clients, colleagues and suppliers alike.
· To enjoy working as part of a team, as well as independently.
· The ability to use initiative to identify opportunities for improvement.
· To be resilient and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
· Degree level (or equivalent) qualification.
· Experience of office/studio/project management duties within an agency or in-house design/print/creative team would be advantageous (not essential).
We are a small, friendly design team within Westco Trading - one of the UK's leading public sector strategy and communications consultancies - so you'll have the benefits of working with a small team while also being part of a larger company.
We work with various public and private sector clients providing the opportunity to gain experience of and insight into both sectors, and across a large variety of projects types including print, digital, motion graphics and events.
The role has a salary bracket of £18,000-£21,000 DOE and also offers a pension scheme and good annual leave allowance.
Westco Trading is a leading, award-winning UK strategy and communications consultancy for local authorities, central government, the third sector and private sector clients. We help clients make lasting improvements to their performance and reputation by providing the best strategy, policy and communications.
Westco was established to provide the very best of Westminster City Council services and skills to others in the public and private sector. We are an energetic, ambitious consultancy with a wealth of experience, working on projects that have a direct and positive impact on people and their communities.
The design team within Westco Trading are a full-service design studio working on print and digital design projects for a variety of clients, ranging from simple posters for adoption campaigns to the largest free theatre event in the world – West End LIVE. We believe in nurturing an open and collaborative environment, taking pride in what we do and bringing passion and personality to the studio and our projects.