Oddbox is a purpose driven business fighting food waste and we are looking for an extraordinary individual who is also an odd veggie lover and food waste fighter to play a key role in our expansion.
We create a secondary market for wonky and surplus fruits and vegetables by reclaiming this perfectly good produce and delivering them weekly to people’s homes and offices via UK’s largest fruit & veg box scheme.
Oddbox are the provider of UK’s only impact focused misshapen and surplus fruits for offices. We don’t just provide fruits for businesses. We provide a corporate sustainability service where companies buy us because they want to do good and feel good by directly reducing food waste.
We currently deliver weekly to over 150 businesses that vary anywhere between small start-ups to co-working spaces like Wework to health centres like Third Space.
We want to grow our B2B line 400% this year by targeting medium (250 employees) to larger offices (1000+) employees so that we deliver multiple boxes in one delivery.
We are looking for a pearfectly imperfect individual who has ideas, is ambitious, organised and can drive corporate sales. You will like picking up the phone, be responsible for generating and building opportunities, targeting decision makers and educating them about our mission to reduce food waste and how we could help them be socially responsible.
· Converting leads through educating them about the benefits of using Oddbox.
o This includes:
§ Outbound lead generation: Initiating cold outreach with potential customers via telephone, email or social media
§ Inbound queries management - Received via website, email or live chat: Responding in time, following up, providing quotations and “closing the deal”.
· Build a pipeline of qualified leads through various channels.
· Come up with new ideas to position Oddbox and target larger B2B customers
· Maintain relationships with key clients to ensure that they get world class service and their needs are always addressed on time.
· Be responsible for KPIs and monthly targets in order to meet Sales targets for the year
· Have experience in or be willing to self-learn to operate our chosen CRM – Hubspot and any other lead automation tools like LeadIQ and other lead tools.
· Be willing to search for and use other lead generation technology
· Be open to attending conferences and industry events in order to build your network.
· Research new market opportunities for Oddbox.
· In order to scale in the future, potentially recruit and manage external teams of either Virtual assistants or lead gen agencies
Essential skills and characteristics
· 1-2 years outbound B2B sales experience with demonstrable track record
· Tele sales experience a must
· Experience with CRM and lead generation software a big plus.
· Super organised and process driven
· Motivation for sales and passion for making a change in reducing food waste and changing consumer behaviours
· Natural communicator especially over email and phone
· Proven ability to generate and close leads
· Desire to work within a fast paced, start-up style environment
· Energetic, goal oriented and hungry to succeed and grow your sales skills
· An exciting opportunity to be part of a sustainable challenger brand, helping reduce food waste one wonky carrot at a time.
· Chance to work directly with one of the co-founders and contribute to strategy discussions
· Employee perks via Perkbox (once role becomes permanent)
· Employee Cycle to work scheme (once role becomes permanent)
· Free fresh fruits in the office
· Team lunch and team building events
· Discount on Oddbox fruit and veggies.
· Free tea and coffee
· Flexible working hours
· Compensation – Fixed + Bonus based on performance
· Start date – ASAP
· Flexible working
· Duration of role – 3 months initial contract, made permanent based on performance
· Location – Remote plus Our office/warehouse in Mitcham, South West London
Oddbox are the provider of UK’s only impact focused misshapen and surplus fruits for offices. We don’t just provide fruits for businesses. We provide a corporate sustainability service where companies buy us because they want to do good and feel good by directly reducing food waste.We’ve sold 400,000 meals to date, saved over 500,000 kgs of fresh produce from going to waste. We grew our customer base 400% in 2018 and saw a massive 70% growth in customer numbers in January of 2019 alone.
“To become the number one company that embraces nature’s imperfections and turns saved produce into products for people who care”
“We connect producers and conscious consumers with the single goal of reducing waste”